Friday, July 1, 2011

Notes on Angles by The Strokes

Since this album and artist are famous and known almost everywhere ill let you all find the info.

MACHU PICCHU: "the strokes have come out with many albums in the longlife I've lived. Machu picchu is one of the best [songs] I've heard from them. It sounds like a symphonic of awesomeness." Yup I totally agree and I agree that angles is a good album.

UNDERCOVER OF DARKNESS: well I like it its good the beginning is pretty Rad and its very catchy especially during the guitar solo. One of the best songs on here and as Carlos said: "truly is the best song on the album. Totally put me in a f*ck yeah type of mood." This is from a diehard strokes fan so apparently whoever doesn't like the song isn't a strokes fan.

TWO KINDS OF HAPPINESS: well it is in my opinion the least favorite of all the songs on here but Carlos begs to differ... he says its "totally cool. It made me feel like awesome" not much but he's the strokes fan I'm not diehard like that.

YOUR SO RIGHT... its really fast... sounds (pardon my racism if you find it offensive) Indianish yup that's the word that describes it. Yeah its a good song  "totally bada**" in Carlo's terms

Taken for a fool. This is one of my favorite songs on this album I like the guitar... Alot. I love the guitar. Worship the guitar? Nah not to that extent. But its really good really really really good and like Carlos said "sh*t has hit the fan"

(Thank you Carlos for helping out)

Games: "living in an empty world" these lyrics stab you and the quick bass line heals you its a feeling like no other you gotta listen to it to understand it.

Call me back: sounds like a heart break song about a Guy and a girl he's got a crush on and she's got a crush on him but the girl is going out with a Jock... who can whoop you a**. This song is really slow but very memorable.

Gratisfication: in Spanish gratis means free and gratis + fication = free from troubles apparently cus this song makes you forget about your troubles. Remember this is a new word and must be used when describing something that makes you forget your troubles.

Metabolism: a slight creepiness leads way to quick guitars in this song that paints a scene of running through a dark hallway after someone who stole your money and that you'd like to kick their a**. I was gonna say that the strokes sound like Muse right about now but that's disrespectful to the strokes and a lie for Muse who are sellouts.

Life is simple in the moonlight: my favorite song on this album I feel like I'm on a cloud... sailing free... f*ck gravity. This song does that. It makes you forget about gravity the most powerful force in the universe. If you don't believe me listen to it yourself.

Overall this album is EPIC. Best of 2011 is written all over it. This is one of the greatest albums ever. Recommend recommend recommend. Buy the vinyl and stare at that weird album artwork for hours. The only question is how many times have you heard the album?

PS. Thank you Carlos Gloria for helping put commentary on this album it means alot to me maybe we can do this again sometime.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Video of the month

I'm adding this stuff to the blog

Popular Posts