Sunday, November 27, 2011

Notes on Wild Flag by Wild Flag


"Wild Flag" By Wild Flag
 REVIEW BY CELESTE HERNANDEZ
  1. "Romance" 3:52. I gotta say when I hear this song I think of commercials and a bit of Florence + the Machine. It's a practical song that's got some catchy lyrics. Very Indie.
  2.   "Something Came Over Me" 4:03.  They're so 70ish especially in this song. Unlike other Indie rock bands they don't have that same style that everyone seems to have.This song in something that the band Hole would record. It's what makes them so different Its that they combine all these different styles and combine them into this awesome indie whatever you wanna call it. they make fun music, and they don't fake it.
  3. "Boom" 2:45. Definitely the Cure. It's the voice! Your probably thinking why I keep comparing them to other bands that don't quickly mach up in the same genre, but that's how random they are..I love it!
  4. "Glass Tambourine" 5:29. Wow, basically Is all I could say after hearing this song. Every song just like this one is completely different in every way from the last. At first I'd compare this song to Heart but there's just something I can't get that I can't compare them to any other band out there. The guitars are awesome. I love the fact that It's an all girl band. Which make them look like Even bigger bad asses! I can only picture them live!2:18-END. Ooh my those guitars! It has this mysterious vibe that's pretty cool..
  5. "Endless Talk" 3:00. Hmmm..It's a Blondie (band) beat. Good song, not my top fave. I guess the only reason why I liked it was because of It's beat, see I'm the type that goes for the beat. The guitars and drums and especially the voice have to gain my approval to be liked..Its never really been about the lyrics for me...I guess that comes afterwards after they've passed my requirements..
  6. "Short Version" 3:34. "But OK, Alright!" 3rd favorite on the album. Why? The beginning(: of course. Bits remind me of Sweet Child O Mine by Guns n Roses..another good song on the album that's good...and then they sound like the Ramone's vocals..I saw a live video and I gotta say way better than recorded..I like when that happens because then when you get the chance to see them live your not disappointed but like them even more...Hey It's better than having it the other way..For example when I heard Foster the People playing Pumped up Kicks live...completely different voice! :p
  7. "Electric Band" 3:33. Like I said its about the beat for me..but once I read the lyrics.new perspective. I get this sexy vibe in the beginning and then towards the end it turns sweet...like a sour patch..not bad..
  8. "Future Crimes" 2:44. Some really good lyrics. That's what make them so original & the beats, always the beats! PLUS...I gotta give them extra credit on this song especially when they play it live on SXSW..Because Mary's playing my guitar...(I know off topic) Anyways.The lyrics are really something.."My limbs are inside out now, this voice is in my head....Its like a shout..but I cant turn it off...but I cant turn it down..I'll make it quiet."
  9. "Racehorse" 6:40. The longest song on the album. Blues to Rock? The drums are good...but I have to say the screaming was very nice(:
  10. "Black Tiles" 4:30. My 2nd fav. song. How the hell do they come up with these freaking awesome riffs! I'm really digging it:) Its like Egyptian or something.."Black tiles in a line..Watch them fall serpentine...I see the snake in your eyes..Are you set to tell me lies?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Video of the month

I'm adding this stuff to the blog

Popular Posts