Sunday, June 26, 2011

Notes on SUCK IT AND SEE BY ARCTIC MONKEYS!!!

Let me just comment that this is hardly an album review this is Notes on suck it and see by Arctic monkeys I therefore am better because I believe everything [indie] is good... in its own sense but somethings are better sounding to peoples ears... but without further interruptions here's the following:

So Arctic monkeys release the senior EP and it sounds nothing like the three before (but it kinda still does)
I'm not pleased at all at what I've heard people say about this album so far and I'm not even a die-hard AM fan... everyone is like "oh this album suck its too soft for me." Well lets not forget that Arctic monkeys became famous thru the internet so yeah you are all the ones affecting their pay checks which affects recording.

SHE'S THUNDERSTORMS not even a little bit of pause and its already booming with the guitar frets. Then another guitar comes in and right after Alex Turner is singing about a girl (the usual) and its a very low key song with the drums' banging synchronizing with the guitar its a good opening track but its not like I'm dancing or tapping to it the only thing that saves the song is the awesome guitar playing and Alex Turners amazing vocals.

BLACK TREACLE starts off with an amazing guitar riff that's on repeat I absolutely love the delivery on this song I especially love the guitar solo in the chorus and the random squeils afterward I love the chorus and what it says I especially love the fact that Alex Turner gets louder at times in this song.

BRICK BY BRICK "I wanna build you up (brick by brick) I wanna take you down (brick by brick) Im gonna reconstruct (brick by brick) I wanna feel your love brick by brick ahhhh ah ahhhhhah" already in the first 30 seconds this whole theme is placed the guitar is on drive and on repeat and Alex Turner is shouting the lyrics as if it were a speech on a megaphone at a protest. The guitar solo is amazing I love the repetitiveness made here and i usually hate repetition but this song then changes, slows down, stops, and then restarts and yes its as loud as before then it ends.

THE HELLCAT SPANGLED SHALALALA me: "emphasis on the bass please" AM: the Hellcat spangled shalalala
This song is bassy it is, the first ten seconds get me hooked on bass and reverb guitar and Alex's awesome chillish vocals that sound relaxed I love the lyrics picture the atmosphere gets bigger and bigger with every reference made in the lyrics "home sweet home home sweet booby trap" implies alot of things that are too sly ha your one sly kid Alex Turner you really are.

DON'T SIT DOWN 'CAUSE I MOVED YOUR CHAIR. Are you feeling reckless? Yeah? Well this song is for you great lyrics that are very ironic and I'm pretty sure criticizes teen behavior or Alex is just messing with us but either way this Guy can assemble a great "hard" punky guitar style song that brings back old AM feelings.

LIBRARY PICTURES. the best best best song on here i don't care if its only 2:22 its an amazing song full of "rawsomeness" its hard its quick its lightning its so cool. Look it gets great after the "six...  five.... four... three two one" moment I absolutely admire the bass the great shoe gazy guitar up to the solo which rocks my mind same as the bass at this moment woooo!!! I just wanna put this song on repeat. The only con of this song is that its to short.

ALL MY OWN STUNTS its like the first song good but its pretty repetitive but not in a good way like library pictures or brick by brick the lil change in 1:30 kinda is lame and soft of it's potential and everything is very blah afterwards.

RECKLESS SERENADE. Bass. Bass. Bass. Bass. Arctic monkeys is a killer with that bass the bass is essential. Alex Turner begins. The drums come in. The guitar. The bass continues. The bass continues. Change in guitar. Change in song. Guitar solo. Bass and drums come in. Guitar solo. Random sounds that fit perfectly. End.

PILEDRIVER WALTZ. I guess the reverb in the guitar playing is staying because its been present since the album began. Piledriver Waltz emphasizes this because the guitar is loudest. I love the shoe gazy guitar style its great.

LOVE IS A LASERQUEST quickly gets boring its a been there done that moment for this album because this album is really repeating the guitar style and choking it to death this song is like an extension of piledriver waltz.

SUCK IT AND SEE starts off lame but then gets louder and changes and changes and changes it keeps morphing which pleases me and satisfies my dissatisfaction with the two tracks before.

THATS WHERE YOUR WRONG. Loud then soft. loud again. Change. Change. Bass. Bass. Vocals. Drums shooting like guns. Lyrics talks about a girl. Drum solo. Random guitar riff. Vocals. random becomes regular and flows into loudness thickness and keeps going.

This album has a strong beginning and a weak end regardless its an album I cherish and something I absolutely love and recommend.

Btw I edited the album art below so it could look cooler and more colorful(I also made an awesome remix to library pictures which ill post with a whole album full of remixes later). With that I bid a good day/night. Viva indie, Obed Gloria.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Video of the month

I'm adding this stuff to the blog

Popular Posts